May 5, 2011

"New Masters" at Subliminal Projects in LA








I have a couple pieces in a show opening this saturday, May 7th at Subliminal Projects in LA. It's a group show titled "New Masters" and will include works based on the classical figure. To consider myself a "New Master" would be a little egotistical, but I think it's an honor to be considered as such and be included alongside the other talented artists in the show. The photos above are progress shots of my newest painting, "Prayer" which will be in the show. It was a true labor of love. Even after all these years I still can't believe how long these paintings take to complete!
And another thing- my apologies as always for not keeping up with emails, blogging etc. I will do my best to catch up soon. More good things on the way...

5 comments:

GARZA said...

Congrats Miles! Your new painting is awesome!

Zooky Shirts said...

Beautiful painting! Your style of this painting is amazing. Congratulations on being included in the New Masters show.

cliffjumper said...

This new painting moved me. wondering if there will be prints of your grey monotone works, such as STEREOGNOSIS or HUMBLE AND SUBLIME. I caught them at the NY show and I was simply blown away.

Johanann said...

What brand of paint did you use for this piece?

Johanann said...

Also could you name e types of brushes and brands of brushes you use