May 17, 2011

"Art in the Streets"

Seeing as how there's been all this attention paid to "street art" lately I thought I'd put up this old photo I found from 1995. It was taken by my friend STOEC NBS, who was one of my earliest painting partners, and did the fresh robot character to the right. I painted the thing on the left which was some kind of lizard in a suit and was pretty wack, so I probably wouldn't post the whole wall even if I find the photo. This wall was at the corner of Central and Lincoln in downtown Phoenix. Since then I've been stepping up my can control & facial hair situation, still working on the wardrobe part. When this photo was taken I had no idea that painting murals/street-art/graffiti would pretty much control my life for the next 16+ years....

8 comments:

Triangulo Dorado said...

que capo!!

Kim said...

You definitely stepped up the facial hair action.

Be-One said...

Metro tech Mac

Darrell said...

I think I met Stoec @ a Barnes & Noble by the Mall off of Dunlap & 4000 west in Phoenix, I was in Phoenix for a year and became friends with Noe "SUCH" and ZEROH, nice to see your work, very admirable

Darrell

Anonymous said...

You are afont of inspiraton for many people, me included!! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Hey man i remember that kid! i used to paint with him a long time ago. i still have the pics of the production we did at calvary chapel in downtown las cruces...let do it again man! take it back to the old school.

CHEK de 505

Unknown said...

Hey man i remember that kid! i used to paint with him a long time ago. i still have the pics of the production we did at calvary chapel in downtown las cruces...let do it again man! take it back to the old school.

CHEK de 505

Julie said...

I remember you well and am delighted that you are still such an amazing artist!