August 10, 2010

"Of Our Youth" - Culver City mural with Retna










This is the most recent mural I've painted with Retna in LA/Culver City. The title of the mural is "Of Our Youth", and it's on La Cienega between Washington and Jefferson, on the side of the Graphaids art supply store.
This mural was inspired by the time we spent in Skid Row painting our previous mural together. The figure is based on a photograph we took there of a man named Ralph, or Chato, who had some inspirational words for us on the theme of redemption. The text to the left was quote from our conversation , and reads, "So today I'm trying to change a few things to rectify the situation of my past. So today I'm looking towards the future (of our youth highlighted)"
This mural was made possible in part by RVCA, Graphaids, and Rivera & Rivera Gallery
As usual, I painted the figure, Retna painted the background/text.

No comments: